Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Whole Wheat)



 Another week is upon us, last week it was all about Strawberries, this week it is all about Oatmeal; something that everyone has in there pantry, now can be made into a healthy cookie, bar or cupcake.
So let's see what I can make this week with our feature ingredient.
Today I am going to share with you another easy recipe, that is healthy and good for you.
What can I say about a cookie that is healthy, has peanut butter and oatmeal in it, Oh I know Absolutely Delicious!  This cookie had my kitchen smelling like a peanut farm, you gotta love that smell.  They are very chewy and just down right satisfying. 

My kiddies really loved these, I was watching them as they were eating them, it's like watching a movie for the first time, you are looking for facial expressions, and opinions to be voiced, as everyone knows, my 5 year old loves to eat, especially his mama's healthy treats, I asked him to rate this on a scale of 1-10, he said oh mama its a 10, I said there that good, he said no there more than good!


Ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter ( I use natural)
*If you have peanut allergy you can use Nutella in its place
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup quick oats

Directions
Set oven to 350
Sift all dry ingredients set to the side, Mix together the wet ingredients until mixed all the way, add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Use a small scooper, and just drop the cookie dough on parchment paper covered baking sheets.  Cook for 10-15 minutes, and place on wire rack to cook.

ENJOY!

You can find me linking up Here

18 comments:

  1. Do you come up with these all by yourself?

    Also, you should come up with a peanut butter icing filling for me to make my own at home "Pirate" cookies!

    Warmest regards,
    Joy
    http://www.PardonMyPoppet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so yummy... and here I am in week three of finding out I have High Cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty! Can't wait to try them - so glad I found you on Live. Laugh. Rowe's blog hop... I need healthy cooking ideas! Would love to have you visit - stringtownhome.blogspot.com.

    Have a great week!
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I love how your kiddo gave it a rating :) In my house, these would disappear as fast you are making them. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look and sound great, I might try making them for Hubby's lunch tomorrow, and of course our snacks tomorrow. Stopping by from Mingle Monday.
    http://forgetfulmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound delicious! Anything with peanut butter or nutella has to be good. LOL!

    I am visiting for the first time from the Mom's Monday Mingle. :o)

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    K at http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have any recipes for oatmeal packets in the pantry? Lol I just tried making some stuff up with them and nothing came out very well.. Following from the Monday Mingle.. Can't wait for more oatmeal updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these look amazing! WHY did I have to start my diet this week??? I may need to make an exception for these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound great,thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I told you how much I admire you?? You make me want to be a better baker!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmmm..... I do not like peanut butter, not one little bit! I do love nutella! Should I adjust the sugar if I use nutella since it's sweeter than the peanut butter?

    Thanks for another lovely recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. DH and DS LOVE peanut butter, and they both crave sweet things at night. This would be great to have waiting for them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello newest follower on your blog site would love for you to follow me back. Thanks :) Feel free to Like or Follow me on my facebook fan page & my Twitter!!!

    JOIN MY BLOG SITE: http://taracl2011.blogspot.com/

    FOLLOW ME ON MY TWITTER ACCOUNT: http://twitter.com/NicholasMommy07
    https://twitter.com/LiveLaughhLovee

    "LIKE" MY FACEBOOK FANPAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/LiveLaughLove/123392547737823

    FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE+ : https://plus.google.com/104613867910635999845/posts

    FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2672867/live-laugh-love

    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/taracl85/

    P.S. COULD YOU PLEASE GRAB MY BADGE ON MY BLOGSITE TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD THANKS SO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok your blog name is right on because these look heavenly! Printing this and trying it out for the weekend :)

    New follow from the Blog Hop :) Hope you get a chance to check out my blog.

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anything oatmeal and peanut butter is good in my book. Add whole wheat and I feel like its a healthy meal for breakfast. ;) I'd love for you to link this up to Titus 2 Tuesday tomorrow on Cornerstone Confessions.

    Stopping over from Serendipity and Spice.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! Pinning so I can try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pamela, OMG! I am so excited I clicked on your link on Naptime review. I've already pinned two recipes and will be pinning more! I'm trying to eat whole grain, so your site is perfect!

    Kate
    www.canigetanotherbottleofwhine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...