Thursday, April 5, 2012

Whole Wheat Vanilla Citrus Cake Cookies

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!! ~I am STILL in the top 10 YAY! on Voiceboks Foodie Blog 2012,  Click here! and look for my blog and vote. Thanks so much to my wonderful followers, you can vote everyday. The voting ends April 13th.~
___________________________________________________________

~Please join me over at DJ's Sugar Shack where I am sharing a guest post~
___________________________________________________________



Today I will be sharing a Cake Cookie recipe, you might be saying HUH!  These cookies are like cake, they are so moist and good.  I call them Whole Wheat Vanilla Citrus Cake Cookies.


Ingredients

1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp orange zest
2 tbsp buttermilk *I make my own~ vinegar and fat free milk*
2 tsp vinegar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix wet ingredients, and them add in you dry ingredients, you will notice that the texture of the batter is like a cake batter, that is fine that's why I call these cake like cookies.

Use a small scoop  and put 12-15 scoops on your parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.  Your kitchen will smell like an orange orchard when they come out the oven.
Once they are cooled, you can leave as they are, or do like I did and make them all neat and the same size, and cut out with a round cutter.  These cake like cookies can also be used to make cookie sandwiches, where you pipe frosting on one side of cookie and put another on top.




~There you have it Whole Wheat Vanilla Citrus Cake Cookies~

I am linking up here!

9 comments:

  1. Yummm! I love whole wheat anything! Such a good flavor and I bet the citrus makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is an interesting idea! :) Might have to try that. Cake Cookies hmm, best of both worlds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy…I bet they would be great with a citrus icing on top!!! oOOHHHH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Courtney but I'd rather have mine with dark chocolate on top!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I bet those would be AMAZING with a creamy filling as a cookie sandwich. GREAT idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Keep those healthy recipes coming!!
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they are very good with frosting filling, I did it like that for St Pattys Day and they were good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting combination of ingredients. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the whole wheat idea. I tried something similar one time and they tasted a bit dry for my liking. How did these turn out?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...