Saturday, April 7, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Nests

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME!! ~I am STILL in the top 10 YAY! on Voiceboks Foodie Blog 2012, Click here! and look for my blog and vote. Thanks so much to my wonderful followers, you can vote everyday. The voting ends April 13th.~

_________________________________________________________________________

Since its Spring season and Easter is tomorrow, I made No Bake Peanut Butter Nests, I got this recipe from  Couponing & Cooking one of my favorite recipe blogs,  I just tweaked the recipe a little to make it a healthy treat.  These are so easy to make, and take only about 10 minutes and you are done, and they are the cutest little cookie. 

No Bake Peanut Butter Nests





Makes 12 to 14

1/4 cup peanut butter (I use Natural Organic)
1/8 cup butter or margarine, softened (2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Peanut M&M's

In a small bowl, whip the peanut butter and butter until creamy. Add the sugars and whip until smooth. Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract,  flour (add the flour slowly in case you need slightly less than recipe indicates) and stir until combined.  Now you will have a big ball of dough, I mixed that with my hand to get it nice and smooth.

The dough should be easy to work with and form into balls , roll the dough into 1 inch golf ball-sized shapes, gently push in and insert the M&M's candy.   Refrigerate for about 1 hour or freeze.  Take out and let thaw a little, and then dig in.  See how easy that was, and you have a wonderful Spring / Easter cookie that you and the kids will love. *You can also make the dough up and freeze for a later date.


I am linking up here!

17 comments:

  1. Ohhhh....those sound sooo yummy, and easy! I think I'll try them out tonight, just in time for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Yummy! and just the right snack for Easter.

      Delete
  2. These sound really good, and they're so cute! Perfect for Easter. New follower, hope you have a great Easter!
    www.TheLatestFind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! I voted too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recipe! what's even better is that I have all the ingredients and I am going to go make them now! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great..Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  5. That's it? Oh gosh these are so easy to make which makes them dangerously easy to eat as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats it Anne! They are so easy to make and YES so good, you have to be careful when you eat these because you can just pop them in your mouth :-)

      Delete
  6. Yummm! I've never had cinnamon with peanut butter before, I'll be interested to try it! Thank you for sharing this and I saw you at Serendipity & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great and perfect for Easter! I have voted for you. All the best and enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I love cookie dough type cookies and whole wheat ones to boot. This is right up my alley. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really unusual...most of these 'nest' type of recipes are made with coconut or chow mein noodles. Thanks for sharing something different!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great are they - perfect for Easter too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout out! Hope you will link up some of your recipes at Mealtime Monday this week.

    Kaylee @ www.couponingNcooking.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...