Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blueberry Cupcakes (Whole Wheat)




Who doesn't like blueberries especially in a cupcake, and a healthy one at that.  I made my vanilla cupcake recipe and puree a small amount of fresh blueberries about 1/4 cup, so that it's almost juice, so that when you mix it into the batter they are really small fine pieces, they will bake into your cupcake and when you bite into it you can taste the blueberry goodness from the frosting to the cupcake. 

For the frosting I use my Classic Buttercream Frosting and just add Wilton blue icing coloring to your frosting and then frost them whichever way you like, its seems like these days I like to just pipe a dollop on top of my cupcakes, its a little faster than actually piping all around the cupcake.  It makes your cupcakes look cute! 

~I am getting ready for Miss Jayda Grace 2nd birthday party on Thursday, I have to try to make some fondant farm animals, so I have to start today preparing, so I can make sure they come out correctly :-) and some pretty flowers (at least I already know how to make those) so I had to be short and sweet today, you will see all the party pictures and the famous cupcakes in Friday's post~


ENJOY!

I am linking up here!


9 comments:

  1. These look so good! I'm gonna give em a try.

    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought about blueberry cupcakes. I adore muffins stuffed with fresh blueberries; so why not. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting twist. I read blueberry and I thought Muffins. But these look delicious! I have the word muffcakes in my head. Part muffin (just because it's blueberry) and part cupcake with the frosting. Nice combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this blue icing is gorgeous!LOL - crazynutsmom "muff cakes" So funny! I'm sure these taste as good as they look. Did your kids get to sample these?
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberries are one of my favorites! We can't grow them out here, but I have access to good frozen ones! I prefer the dollop of frosting on cupcakes, makes it easier to get the wrapping off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue on the frosting! It's amazing how many different types of cupcakes you can make. Looking forward to the birthday ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at these make my mouth water! :)

    I'm visiting from VoiceBoks. :) I'm following through RSS feed via email, GFC, Blog Lovin', Linky Followers, and Twitter.
    I also voted for you on Picket Fence Blogs. :)

    -Courtney
    www.optimisticmommy.com
    www.peaceloverecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmm...Those look delicious! I love that it's just a little bit of blueberry, but enough to give it that yummy flavor. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...