Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cinnamon Jelly Donut Cupcake


 
I wanted to make a Jelly Donut Cupcake and I did it.  I am pleased with how it came out, the kids went crazy when they bit into it and saw the jelly in the middle.  This is very simple, I just used my basic cupcake recipe and added some other ingredients to it.

Basic Cupcake Recipe

2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 cup light brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup buttermilk

2 eggs

1 tsp white vinegar

1 cup canola oil
1/4 cup cinnamon apple sauce

2 tbsp ground cinnamon

Set oven to 350

Mix wet ingredients, and then add dry ingredients until well blended. Fill cupcakes cups 1/2 way.

Bake for 20 minutes once done cool on wire rack.

Filling / Top of Cupcakes
Favorite Jelly
Powdered sugar
cinnamon
Put jelly in your piping bag and insert the jelly inside the cupcake,  sprinkle a little cinnamon and powdered sugar and there you have it.
CINNAMON JELLY DONUT CUPCAKE
ENJOY!

I am linking up Here

11 comments:

  1. These donut cupcakes look delicious. I found you through the Weekend Blog Hop. I love Jeremiah 29:11. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound delicious! Have pinned and will be trying these out. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would LOVE it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great! Thanks for sharing :-) Would love for you to link up: http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up to the Scrumptious Sunday link party! I will be choosing three recipes this weekend and will be featuring them on my blog and Facebook page:
      http://www.facebook.com/AddictedToRecipes

      Will see you again soon! Thank you again!

      Delete
  5. oh my gosh! oh my gosh! These sound so good! Pinned them so I can make them this weekend. Guess what...you won the amazon giftcard! Thanks for entering and adding that link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday.
    Can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow

    Natasha xxx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cupcakes look delicious, Pamela. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! These look fantastic. I've been wanting to try a donut cupcake for ages. Love that you used whole wheat flour, too. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...