Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Whole Wheat Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes






Just in time for Valentine's Day, these came out so red and fluffy.  This is my basic cupcake recipe where I just added red velvet flavor and cocoa mix, the kids just loved them, you can pop these in your mouth in one bite.

I found these cute Valentine's mini cupcakes holders at Michael's stores for $1.00 for 100, and this big container of  5 different kinds of Sprinkles for $3.00.






Ingredients

2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

2 tbsp baking cocoa 
1 cup light brown sugar

2 tsp vanilla

1 cup buttermilk Homemade  

2 eggs

1 tsp white vinegar
1 oz of red velvet flavoring or red food coloring

  1  1/2 cup canola/vegetable oil or applesauce




Set oven to 350
Mix wet ingredients, and then add sifted dry ingredients until well blended, then add your red velvet flavoring or red food coloring and mix until well blended.
Fill cups 1/2 way and bake for 12 minutes.


Basic Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing
1 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup of cream cheese (softened)
2 tbsp of vanilla
3 cups of powdered sugar

Then Frost your Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes



3 comments:

  1. I love that these are made with whole wheat flour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much for coming and sharing this with us. I love using whole wheat to cook everything. We actually grind our own wheat. I can't wait to spend some time on your blog to see what other things you have to offer me! :) I think we are going to make this in daycare today. I have all of the supplies. Thank you so much for linking up with us.. this is great!

    Newest Follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! Yum...cream cheese frosting!

    Thanks for sharing @ Creatively Living!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...