Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whole Wheat Honey Cookies



Who doesn't love HONEY, so I thought about making a cookie made with honey.  My kiddies said "That would be awesome".  So I started tweaking one of my recipes and just put honey in place of one of the ingredients and VIOLA Whole Wheat Honey Cookies were born.



Very easy recipe, the only thing is that next time I will put 1/4 of applesauce to the batter to make them more moist.   Also be careful with dropping the cookie batter because you want them to be around the same size so that your cookies look neat. But other than that they taste wonderful.




Whole Wheat-Honey Cookies Recipe
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine  (softened)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Heat oven to 350. Beat brown sugar, butter, honey, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in remaining ingredients.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to try this recipe next week. They look simple enough for the kids to help with and we have all the ingredients on hand.

    I have to bring snacks to a brunch-time ladies Bible study. Do you think these would be good with tea and coffee?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...