Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whole Wheat Mini Lemon Cupcakes

Yesterday I made Mini Lemon Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, I used my new mini cupcake pans by Wilton (those are the best cupcake pans). 



 I have to say mini cupcakes are so tiny, and you only need a little bit of batter because they will go over the top. So let's get started:

Here are my ingredients:


2 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

1 cup buttermilk (recipe in post)
2 fresh eggs
1 tsp white vinegar
1 cup of canola oil or unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon zest
Fresh squeezed juice from the lemon

Sift all dry ingredients together (the first 4).
Put all wet ingredients in mixer and mix until everything is together.
Add dry ingredients into your wet mixture and mix until batter is nice and smooth, start adding your lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.

Fill your baking cups 1/2 full and bake for 10-12 minutes on 350, let cool on cooling rack and then frost.


Here is my FRESH, HOMEMADE buttermilk, 1 tbsp white vinegar, fill with milk to make it 1 cup, let it sit for about 5 minutes and there you have it.


Make sure you crack your eggs in a bowl and then put into your blender, you don't want any eggshells in your batter.


I have all my recipes on my laptop (a present from my hubby and kids for taking them to all there football games in 2011, they treat me so special) so you don't have papers all over your counter.

Here is my beautiful Red blender, my favorite color is red (another present from my hubby and kids for taking them to all there football games in 2010, I tell you they really treat me so good).



Mix your wet ingredients together until well blended:



Sift your dry ingredients together and then mix them into your wet ingredients:



While the batter is mixing, whatever cupcake batter you are making, this is the step to put that in.  So I zested an entire lemon and then cut it in half and squeeze the fresh juice into my batter (watch the seeds).  Start your mixer back up so the lemon zest and fresh juice can incorporate in the batter, taste to make sure there is enough flavor.


Then start filling your cupcake pans, 1/2 full don't overfill especially the mini cupcakes because then they will start leaning.

Bake for 10-12 minutes on 350, let rest on stove top for about 5 minutes, and then take the cupcakes out and put on your wire stand, cool completely.




Then frost
1 cup of unsalted
butter (softened)
1 cup of cream cheese (softened)
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
3 cups of powdered sugar
Lemon zest / fresh squeezed lemon juice
mix together in blender and put in your piping bag and make swirls on your mini cupcakes

There you have it WHOLE WHEAT MINI LEMON CUPCAKES

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is quite a attractive and simple cupcake to prepared at home. This is a fun and informative dessert recipe perfect for any special occasion. Thanks a lot.

    Best Cupcakes In New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I am intrigued by your use of vinegar to make buttermilk! I have just started using the powdered stuff. Pinning these to make soon!

    Visiting from: toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just came from VoiceBoks and saw your note that you are new. Happy to meet you and I am a dessert lover. Your cupcakes sound so delicious I can't wait to try one of your recipes.

    I'm following you on Link Followers, and would love if you followed me back.

    I look forward to your visits and sharing with you.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so yummy! My favorite part, is it may actually be something I try since this is something the picky hubby would actually like too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that they have whole wheat flour in them. The pictures are fantastic. I think I could actually make these!

    Dayna

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy Pamela!
    I wasn't sure if I was following you as yet so I stopped in to do so.
    Please send cupcakes. ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a cook after my own heart. WWheat and more natural ingredients make this recipe a keeper for my files. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great recipe and it looks yummy too. I'm not a baker but I think I might be able to swing this one. :) Thank you for linking up. Let me in on some of your insights from the reading plan.
    Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait!?!? can you really make buttermilk by just adding a TBSP of vinegar? If you can, that is AWESOME and I'll never buy buttermilk again! That stuff ain't cheap.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all the comments that you leave me. I like to answer all comments through email, make sure that your email is attached to your account. Thank you for taking the time to come visit my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...